- A CD with my own music. The music is some kind of "pop music for adults" or something like that and it's going to be finished one day in the near future.
- I and a couple of other musicians have formed a working group called Krs Jazz. Krs Jazz will arrange jazz concerts/ gigs in the Kristiinankaupunki area.
- A demo with Petra Sundvik Band. We need this demo mainly to get more gigs.
- A demo with Tomas Karlsson Band. This demo will feature original material written by me. This one is also mainly needed to get gigs.
- Another CD with my own music. The music on this CD is going to be instrumental and from the jazzier side of my writing.
- A third CD with my own music. My third CD will feature Zen Guitar music- songs written in the Zen Guitar tuning.
- kaös duo ( aka Guitars, Ltd.), a duo with another guitarist. We play mostly original material but also some compositions by others.
- Krs Jazz House Band, which consist of me, guitars and some other musicians on guitar/ piano, bass & drums. Krs Jazz House Band is playing a few gigs in Kristiinankaupunki. On some gigs we will feature guests and on some we will just play some instrumental wallpaper jazz.
- Närpes Big Band. The big band seems to be a dying art form nowadays. That is really a shame, I love playing in a big band, it is great to have to keep up the sight-reading skills and great to be allowed to play this classic type of music. I would love to be allowed to arrange/ write for a big band, too.
- I have just started working with Kristiinan Teatteri. Kristiinan Teatteri is a theatre group in Kristiinankaupunki and I will do some of the music for their plays.
- Petra Sundvik Band, which consists of Petra Sundvik, vocals; myself as guitarist/ arranger/ bandleader and some other musicians on piano, bass & drums. On our repertoire we have a mixture of jazz standards, pop songs ( á la Norah Jones) and Swedish songs.
- I have just created a Zen Guitar group at SoundCloud. The mission of this group is to collect Zen Guitar songs by different musicians.
- I just bought an Ibanez UKS10 ukulele. I am still at the stage of learning how to tune it, I guess GCEA is standard tuning for the soprano ukulele? :-)
- I am planning a Zen Guitar Workshop Tour of the Finnish west coast. Musicians featured will be myself, guitars/ spiritual leader; TBA, guitars, bass, drums and percussion. Check out the gigs page for details...
- Tomson's R&B/ Soul Project, which consists of myself as guitarist/ arranger/ bandleader and some other musicians on guitar, organ, bass and drums. On our repertoire we have some groovy tunes by Bill Frisell, John Scofield and Stefan "Kilju" Lindblom as well as some original material.
- Tomas Karlsson Band, which consists of a myself as composer/ guitarist/ arranger/ bandleader and some other musicians on piano, bass & drums. On our repertoire we have mostly original material written by me as well as some compositions by others. We also love to play jazz standards and we like to throw in the occasional standard every now and then.
- Lately I have decided it's time to learn to play. When you turn 40, I guess the time for excuses is finally over. I have started to practice seriously again after a ten year break. Check out my Notes from the Woodshed ( the Dojo)! May it inspire you and give you tips for your own practicing...
- I am getting more and more into teaching music. I have students of ages ranging from 10 to 60, from many different walks of life - all along the Finnish middle west coast. I give lessons and workshops on
Check out my private lesson policies. I also teach guitar, electric bass, ensemble playing, improvisation and music theory at Musikinstitutet Legato/ Legato Music School, at Kristinestads medborgarinstitut, at Närpes medborgarinstitut and at Lappfjärds folkhögskola.
- ( jazz) guitar
- ensemble playing
- arranging, composition/ songwriting and music theory
- improvisation/ jazz as an art form/ a way of life
- I just created a MySpace page, a ReverbNation page, a SoundCloud page and a YouTube page. I have uploaded some of my original music there for you to enjoy...
- I also have a Facebook page nowadays...
- I also just started a small business of my own - Tomson Music. The services of Tomson Music will include
with more to come....
- music entertainment
- private instruction
- ensemble training
- sound reinforcement ( PA system)
- sales of educational materials
- web design
- I have volunteered to help with the RMMGJ Jazz Guitar Fakebook Project. I am doing some of the notation work and I am actually enjoying it and, well - someone has got to do it...
- I have just read Zen Guitar by Philip Toshio Sudo and The Book of Six Strings: The Six-Fold Path of Zen Guitar by Philip Toshio Sudo & Tobias Hurwitz. I have done a lot of thinking during the last few years and now that I found Zen philosophy the pieces have finally started to fall into place...
- A small profile of me was published in Vasabladet on Sun Jan 15, 2006. The article is in Swedish and it is not available on the Web, so if you want to read it you have to find the paper somewhere.
- A small article on me was published in Jakobstads Tidning on Sat Dec 2, 2006. The article is in Swedish and it is not available on the Web, so if you want to read it you have to find the paper somewhere.
- I just bought a second-hand Ibanez PM100 "Pat Metheny Signature" hollowbody guitar. I have been dreaming of a serious jazz box for years, and since a Gibson ES-175 seems to be hard to come by at a reasonable price I settled for this solution...
- I also just bought a couple of new amps. A new Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb and a vintage Fender Vibro Champ.
- I also recently added a Danelectro electric baritone guitar to my gear. I have been thinking about this for years, I just thought it was something I wanted to get into. I am now looking into using it for playing
- bass lines, both in a duo setting and for band gigs without a bass player
- rhythm guitar on the whole, which just takes on a completely new meaning on baritone
- I also just bought a Tama Stagestar drum kit and Istanbul Mehmet cymbals. I am going to take some drum lessons and to start practicing drumming...
- My jazz ( guitar) lessons. I wasn't quite aware of what I got into when I started working on them, but now it's too late to stop, anyway. Typically, most of the things that I do tend to get a little out of hand... :-)
- A "small" transcription project: all the heads from the two Marc Ribot y Los Cubanos Postizos CDs. I have nailed thirteen of the heads and a further three can be found in The Latin Real Book, so - just four more to go...
- I also have a few other unfinished transcriptions:
- Pat Metheny's How Insensitive solo
- Bob Russell's How Insensitive solo
- Max Schultz' Funny Walk solo
- John Scofield's Hottentot solo
- Finding a good and versatile drummer to work with. This person will have to be able to play as well as program drums and percussion.
- Finding the right band to work with. The main thing is working on original music, the world does not need imitators, it needs originals!