Brochure:ImRa model E400 (2010) [pdf]
Brochure:ImRaLab software for ImRa image managing and data processing (2010) [pdf]
The ImRa-system is portable and powered with rechargeable batteries. The radar can be used as a hand-held instrument in the field or mounted on a cart or vehicle for measurements indoors and outdoors. It is based on a single-board computer, which also can be used in heavy environmental conditions and at low temperatures.
The standard ImRa model is equipped with an antenna of 1 GHz frequency. This antenna is optimised for measuring distances up to 3 m with an accuracy of 1 - 15 cm depending on the material to be measured.
The 1 GHz antenna indicates e.g. the rot or decay in living trees and in power or telephone line poles, the thickness of snow and ice, the location of moisture faults, joists, pipes, cables etc. in concrete, wooden or other structures made of dielectric material.
The 1GHz antenna mounted in a sledge for archaeological surveys.
Also antennas of other frequencies are available: an antenna of 1.5 GHz for more accurate applications and an antenna of 800 MHz for longer measuring distances.
Technical specifications of ImRa radar:
Computer:- CPU module PC/104 format, Linux operating system
- Data storage: Local SSD or any USB media.
- Display: TFT, bright color LCD display.
- Connectors: 2* USB, external SVGA, PS2 mouse, Ethernet 10/100, optional COM1, LPT1
- Rechargeable 12V / 10Ah Li-Iron Phosphate battery (LFP), power: max 2.5A @ 12V.
- Shielded antenna, type: two TEM-horn antennas, centre frequency 1.5 GHz, 1 GHz or 0.8 GHz.
- Maximum time difference 20ns .
- Scan rate: 100 scans/s.
- Odometer wheel (distance measuring wheel) and shielded measurement cable, length 5m
- OTR: +25...-10oC, STR: +40...-40 oC
- Size:Control unit with battery pack: 40 cm*10 cm*28 cm, weight 7,2 kg,
- 1GHz antenna size 28*15*14cm, weight 2,5kg
- IP 65
Radar signal processing (radar software):- Operating system: Linux
- Real time dielectric constant calculations, distance in stead of time scale for homogenous material, adjustable scale
- Real time colour intensity image display (radar profile)
- Real time differential image display, (radar profile using a reference-image-technique)
- Digital gain settings, echo stacking, software gain settings, image filters.
- Scroll modes: synchronised with odometer wheel or time, adjustable scale.
- “Oscilloscope” style display for gain settings and other calibration.
- Data post processing: Data files are compatible with mathematical MATLAB-software.(The Mathworks)
ImRaLab image processing software for a personal computer- Platform independent Java application
- Multiple document user interface
- Shows all data parameters used
- Print and export file functions, opens original radar data and processed data files, saves processed data files.
- Several colour palettes, option to load new palettes
- Flip horizontal/vertical, zoom in/out, quick contour, transparency and crop functions
- Data processing filters: gain settings, vertical/ horizontal differential filters, data squaring, average subtraction, reference echo subtraction and reverse reference echo filter.
- Horizontal / vertical smoothing and auto equalise filters.
ImRa Accessories:- Charger, Input 100-240 VAC, optional interchangeable battery
- Optional survey cart
- Transport case